Watch the videos
All accepted entries are now shared online so that everyone can see and hear the stories and ideas submitted by rangatahi. Share them with your friends and whānau.
When the competition closed on 15 March 2021:
- we collected and shortlisted the submissions
- judges then rated all films
- winners and runners up were announced on 29 March 2021
- after prizes were announced, all accepted entries were shared on this webpage and our social media.
Winners received $1000 and runners up received $500 for each category:
- Best creative content
- Best te reo Māori film
- Best memory
- Best funny
- Best ambassador for protection of the rohe
- Rangatahi presenter choice.
Resources provided to help rangatahi make their videos
Inspiration and do’s and don’ts of video creation from rangatahi presenters Sonny Ngatai and Puawai Taiapa. They were:
- Get inspired video – te reo Māori | Get inspired video – English
- Get planning video – te reo Māori | Get planning video – English
- Editing and uploading your video – te reo Māori | Editing and uploading your video – English
We encouraged young people to participate using social media and emailing these flyers to many people and organisations all over the country:
We worked with Storybox to offer support to rangatahi participants. Storybox provided 4 online interactive workshops with guest rangatahi filmmakers. Workshops covered planning, shooting, editing, and uploading your video. Storybox producers are experienced digital content creators and trainers.
Here are 12 blogs from the Rangatahi mō Papatūānuku video competition: