- The promoter of the 'Name the chick' competition is the Department of Conservation (DOC). DOC can be contacted in relation to this competition by email at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This competition consists of two parts with a name submission round and a name voting round.
- The competition is open to anyone.
- The name nomination round of the competition will open on 8 April 2021 at 10 am and continue until 15 April 2021 at 5 pm (New Zealand time).
- Submissions should include a brief description behind the inspiration for the name.
- One submission allowed per person.
- All submissions must be received by 15 April 2021 at 5 pm (New Zealand time). Entries received after this closing time will not be considered.
- A panel of judges from DOC will then narrow down entries to the top twenty names based on the judging criteria below. The Te Poari a Pukekura (Pukekura Co-Management Trust) will then vote on the top five names.
- The judging criteria is as follows:
- relevance to the theme, chick, colony or species
- originality and/or creativity
- reflective of the characteristics of the species or their habitat on the peninsula.
- The top five names will be added to the website for the public to vote a winning name. Voting will open 29 April 2021 at 9 am (New Zealand time) and close 6 May 2021 at 5 pm (New Zealand time).
- The winning name announcement will be by the end of the following week after the competition closes.
- Two spot prizes will be given out. One spot prize by random selection from all name submissions that meet the submission requirements and the second spot prize by random selection from all name submissions in the top 20 names shortlist.
- DOC staff and their families are not eligible to enter.
Selecting a winner
- If the winning name was nominated by more than one person, the final winner will be drawn at random by a DOC representative.
- All prize winners will be contacted by a DOC representative to ask for their postage address.
- The winner announcement date will be by the end of the following week after the competition closes.
- Finalists may be profiled in social media, in the media, or on the DOC website.
- Decisions of the judges are final on all matters relating to this promotion.
- All prizes can be internationally shipped.
- The winning prize package includes a framed A3 photo of this years chick and merchandise from the Royal Albatross Centre and DOC.
- Second prize and the three spotprizes will be prize packs of merchandise from the Royal Albatross Centre and DOC.
- The prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for the cash equivalent.
- All winners must be available for promotional opportunities including, but not limited to, interviews for media and through blog articles featured on the DOC website, social media channels etc.
- Information provided to enter this competition will be held securely by DOC and used for the purpose of administering the competition.
- The promoters reserve the right to terminate or change the competition or any or all of the prize components at any time without notice.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (due to any cause beyond the control of the competition organisers which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), the promotion may be abandoned or postponed at the discretion of the promoter. The organisers accept no responsibility for such an event.
- Entry into this prize draw is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand Law.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.