Volunteer with DOC
Volunteers play a vital role in conservation in New Zealand. You can make a difference while gaining new skills, getting fit and meeting new friends.
Support a conservation group
Royal cam is a great opportunity to engage kids in conservation. If your students have enjoyed watching Royal cam in the classroom, you might find the following teaching resources useful.
- Classroom activity | Levels: 1-4: Observing a royal albatross/toroa
- More conservation education resources
Minimise the effects of climate change
Our native species and ecosystems are likely to experience a whole range of impacts as a result of climate change.
Climate change is happening now but we can start making a difference today. The actions every one of us takes can reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the effects of climate change.
- Estimate your greenhouse gas emissions using Enviro-Mark's household, travel and tourism calculators.
- Be the change - the United Nations' Lazy person's guide to saving the world.
- Ministry for the Environmnt's guide to What you can do about climate change.
Choose sustainable seafood
Use Forest & Bird's Best Fish Guide to make sustainable seafood choices when you're at the supermarket or in a restaurant.