Usually held on the last Sunday of the month, although sometimes more often. Attend as many or as few as you like. Dates for 2019:
- 24 February
- 31 March
- 28 April
- 26 May
- 25 August
- 29 September
- 20 October
- 24 November
Help us to return low-lying rank pasture to a thriving natural wetland providing habitat for native fish and foraging birds.
You will be clearing and releasing native plants from grass, gorse and broom to promote growth along the Orokonui estuary.
Meet at the DOC reserve at Orokonui Estuary, end of Foyle Street, Waitati. Look for the volunteer sign.
Programme on the day
- 9.00 am: Ride departs from Otago University Bookshop (378 Great King St, North Dunedin)
- 9.30 am: Activity starts
- 12.15 pm: Activity ends
- 12.45 pm: Return to Otago University Bookshop
What's provided on the day
- Transport (if required)
- On the day health and safety and activity training
- Morning tea
What to bring
- Long sleeved tops, long pants and covered footwear
- A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- If wet/cold bring waterproof layers
- Drinking water
How to apply
Register to volunteer and for transport by completing the online application form.
To secure transport you must register at least 7 days in advance of the workday otherwise transport cannot be arranged.
Or, if you have your own transport feel free to simply turn up on the day.
Not quite for you?
If you have questions about this activity email firstname.lastname@example.org.