Every year from October to April.
The primary role of a camp host is to help visitors enjoy their stay in the right way. This is achieved by:
- checking that campers have paid camp fees and taking payment via a mobile eftpos machine when necessary
- providing information to campers
- monitoring cleanliness of the camp – daily cleaning of toilets and replenishing toilet paper when needed.
- reporting maintenance requirements to DOC staff.
What to expect
Accommodation: Applicants must have their own campervan, caravan or motorhome. Note, both campsites are unpowered sites.
- be able to relate to a range of people in a friendly manner
- be fluent in English
- have a practical outlook
- some experience relevant to this opportunity preferred but not essential.
Age: Applicants must be aged 20 years or over.
Dogs: On a leash only at both campsites.
Nearest facilities to Glencoe: Herbert (3 km), Oamaru (24 km) and Dunedin (92 km).
Nearest facilities to Trotters Gorge: Moeraki (8 km), Oamaru (46 km), Dunedin (66 km).
What will be provided
- Campsite for your campervan, caravan or motorhome.
- DOC camp host identification, high viz vest, uniform, etc.
- Eftpos machine for taking payment.
- Cleaning equipment, gloves, paper overalls etc.
How to apply
Complete the online application form.
We'll review applications and assign weeks as they come in and space is available.
Tom Waterhouse, Ranger Operations, Oamaru
Mobile: +64 27 702 6343