Application by Wakatipu Ski Club Incorporated
IntroductionHave your say on an application by Wakatipu Ski Club Incorporated for a lease at Coronet Peak Recreation Reserve. Submissions closed 26 April 2022.
Submissions closed 26 April 2022. No hearing is required.
This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987. The Minister of Conservation has received an application for a Lease for a term of 15 years.
Applicant: Wakatipu Ski Club Incorporated
Location of proposed activity: Access off Coronet Peak Road – Coronet Peak Recreation Reserve
Concession type: Lease and Licence
Summary of proposal: For renewal of lease for the club building, with additional parking spaces for use as a drop-off zone over part of the Coronet Peak Recreation Reserve for a term of 15 years.
- Application form 1a (PDF, 14,342K)
- Application form 3b (PDF, 202K)
- Background information (PDF, 883K)
- Location map (PDF, 421K)
- Preferred location map (PDF, 296K)
- Rubbish and recycling document (PDF, 470K)
- Testimonial 1 (PDF, 232K)
- Testimonial 2 (PDF, 322K)
- Testimonial 3 (PDF, 276K)
- Testimonial 4 (PDF, 35K)
- Testimonial 5 (PDF, 220K)
How to make a submission
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions closed 5 pm 26 April 2022.
1. Prepare your submission
Record what you think in the submission form.
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard at a possible hearing in support of their submission must request an opportunity to appear before the Director-General. This request must be included in your submission.
2. Send us your submission
Send your submission by email or post. You'll get a confirmation email or letter when a submission has been received.
Department of Conservation
PO Box 5244
Level 1, John Wickliffe House
265 Princes Street
Attention: Rose Gleeson, Permissions Advisor
Subject line: Wakatipu Ski Club Incorporated – 82246-ACC
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, state this in writing when making your submission.
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
No details at this point. Details, such as submissions and the decision outcome, will be added when they are available.
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Rose Gleeson, Permissions Advisor.