Concession application for structures in Sounds Foreshore Reserve
IntroductionWe asked for your feedback on an application for an existing boatshed, pre-existing deck, access structures and water tanks on the Sounds Foreshore Reserve. Submissions closed 8 February 2023.
This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987. The Minister of Conservation has received an application for a lease/licence concession for a term of 30 years.
An associated concession of a non-notified easement application was included with this application. This is for the right to drain wastewater on the land adjoining the reserve.
Applicant: Paul Francis McKendry; Gregory John King and Matthew Leo McKendry.
Location of proposed activity: Sounds Foreshore Reserve fronting Lot 1 DP2467 Whatamango Bay.
Map reference: E 1689930; N 5431523
Concession applied for: Lease for the boatshed (part encroachment of 14m2) and water tanks. Licence for access structures (staircase, steps and handrails) and deck on the reserve.
Summary of proposal:
- To continue an existing authorisation for part of the boatshed (14m2) on the Sounds Foreshore Reserve.
- To gain permission for a deck (about 14m2) to stay in the reserve including access structures and water tanks. Access structures support safe passage over the reserve. The water tanks are under the deck and capture rainwater for the dwelling on the adjoining land.
- Application information form 1a (PDF, 435K)
- Application form - Private Structures 3b (PDF, 231K)
- Site plan (PDF, 866K)
- Image library (PDF, 5,020K)
Make a submission
Any person or organisation was able to make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions closed 5 pm Wednesday 8 February 2023.
Any person or organisation who wished to be heard in support of their submission, must have requested (within that submission) an opportunity to appear before the Director-General.
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General. If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
If a hearing is required, it is likely to occur on the week starting 20 Feburary 2023.
No details at this point.
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact: