This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987. This activity was previously authorised under a Forests Act Licence. The Minister of Conservation has received an application for a lease concession.
Applicant: Mount Hutt Ski Club Incorporated
Location of proposed activity: Mount Hutt Conservation Area, Canterbury
Map reference: NZTM: 5183156N 1481840E
Summary of proposal: This proposal is to continue to occupy the site in the Mount Hutt Ski Area for existing activities as part of the operation of the Mount Hutt Ski Club Incorporated for a 30-year term concession. This comprises the management, ownership and operation of all activities related to the Mount Hutt Ski Club building.
- Mount Hutt Ski Club Incorporated – applicant information form 1a (PDF, 236K)
- Mount Hut Ski Club Incorporated – application form 3b (PDF, 211K)
- Mount Hutt Ski Club building site photos (PDF, 801K)
How to make a submission
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions closed at 5 pm on Friday 26 August 2022.
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard in support of his/her submission, must request (within that submission) an opportunity to appear before the Director-General.
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, you need to state this in writing when making your submission.
1. Prepare your submission
Prepare your submission using the submission form.
A physical copy of the form can be requested from your local DOC office.
2. Send us your submission
Send a written or electronic submission to:
Subject line: Submission on Mount Hutt Ski Club Incorporated lease application
Department of Conservation
Private Bag 4715
Christchurch Mail Centre
Attention: Roseanna Spiers, Senior Permissions Advisor
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions and comments on the submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General. If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
If a hearing is required, it is likely to occur in the second week of September.
No details at this point.
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Roseanna Spiers, Senior Permissions Advisor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org