Concession application by Gisborne District Council
IntroductionHave your say on an application by Gisborne District Council to drill and install a science monitoring bore in Gray's Bush Scenic Reserve. Submissions closed at 5 pm 26 January 2023.
This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987.
Applicant: Gisborne District Council
Location of proposed activity: Gray’s Bush Scenic Reserve, Gisborne
Concession type: Lease
Summary of proposal: Application to drill and install one artesian steel cased science monitoring bore in Gray’s Bush Scenic Reserve for a term of 30 years.
- Concession application for applicant - 1a, 3b, resource consent application, site plan (PDF, 8,329K)
How to make a submission
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions closed on 26 January 2023.
1. Prepare your submission
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard at a possible hearing in support of their submission must request an opportunity to appear before the Director-General. This request must be included in your submission.
2. Send us your submission
Send your submission by email or post. You'll get a confirmation email or letter when a submission has been received.
Subject line: Gisborne District Council – 98150-OTH - Submission
Department of Conservation
Private Bag 3072
Attention: Akasha Warner-Mason, Permissions Advisor
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, state this in writing when making your submission.
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General. If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
If a hearing is required, it's likely to occur the week of the 30 January 2023.
No details at this point. Details, such as submissions and the decision outcome, will be added when they are available.
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Akasha Warner-Mason, Permissions Advisor.