Concession application by Colin Pile
IntroductionHave your say on an application submitted by Colin Pile at Moeraki foreshore marginal strip. Submissions closed 12 January 2023.
This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987. The Minister of Conservation has received an application for a lease for a term of 30 years.
Applicant: Colin John Pile
Location of proposed activity: Conservation Area – Moeraki and Moeraki Foreshore Marginal Strip
Map reference: Latitude: 45.3592° S, Longitude: 170.8552° E (coordinate system WGS84)
Concession applied for: Commercial activities will be carried out in two modified shipping containers, with exclusive access to the building. The adjacent public land will have non-exclusive access.
Summary of proposal:
The proposed activity is a continuation of the activity currently authorised as PAC-13-18-11 for conservation area Moeraki Unit J42 095. This application is also for a licence for non-exclusive use of the Moeraki Foreshore Marginal Strip.
The business is a fish and chip shop and trading as 'The FishWife', selling fresh caught varieties of fish and locally caught crayfish.
- Application information form 1a (PDF, 945K)
- Application form Private Structures 3b (PDF, 267K)
- Map of The Fishwife situated at the containers (PDF, 702K)
- Application site image 3b a (PDF, 900K)
- Application site map 3b a1 (PDF, 490K)
Make a submission
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions closed 5 pm Thursday 12 January 2023.
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard in support of their submission, must request (within that submission) an opportunity to appear before the Director-General.
1. Prepare your submission
Record what you think in the submission form:
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, you need to state this in writing when making your submission.
2. Send us your submission
Department of Conservation
161 Cashel Street
Central Christchurch, 8013
Attention: Max Clark, Permissions Advisor
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General. If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
A closed session hearing was held on 9 February 2023.
No decision has been made at this point. Details will be added when they are available.
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Max Clark, Permissions Advisor.