Concession application by Catherine Collins
IntroductionHave your say on an application submitted by Catherine Collins for a lease in the Sounds Foreshore Reserve. Submissions closed 30 January 2023.
This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987. The Minister of Conservation has received an application for a lease concession for a term of 30 years.
Applicants: Catherine Elizabeth Collins, Richard Michael Collins, Rosemary Anne Collins, and Stephen Alexander Collins.
Location of proposed activity: Sounds Foreshore Reserve adjacent to; Property Lot 3 Deposited Plan 3298, West Bay, Lochmara Bay, Queen Charlotte Sounds/Tōtaranui, Marlborough Sounds.
Map reference: Part Dwelling; E1683462 N5435948.
Concession applied for: A lease and easement.
Summary of proposal: The proposed activity is a continuation of the activity that was previously authorised under licence NM-30748-SFR, for conservation area Sounds Foreshore Reserve. The applicant is seeking authorisation for exclusive rights to encroach the reserve with part of a private dwelling, an area of 43m2. This applicant is also applying for a non-notified easement for water and electricity utilities across the Sounds Foreshore Reserve that service their boatshed within the Coastal Marine Area.
- Applicant application form (PDF, 661K)
- Locality plan (map) of existing cottage (JPG, 23K)
- Image of existing cottage (JPG, 53K)
Any person or organisation could make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions closed on 30 January 2023.
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General. If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
If a hearing is required, it is likely to occur on the week starting 13 February 2023.
No details at this point.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Trish Gill, Permission Advisor.