Application for a lease for Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village Limited
IntroductionHave your say on an application by Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village Limited for a lease in Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park. Submissions closed on 18 August 2022.
This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987. The Minister of Conservation has received an application for a lease concession.
Applicant: Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village Limited
Location of proposed activity: 6 Sealy Place, Aoraki/Mount Cook Village, Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park
Legal description: SEC 8 BEING PT RES 2652 MT COOK VILLAGE BLK XIV MUELLER SD
Concession applied for: Lease
Summary of proposal: This proposal is to continue the occupation of land for an existing dwelling. This dwelling accommodates essential staff associated with authorised activities the applicant undertakes in the National Park.
- Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village Limited – applicant information form 1a (PDF, 227K)
- Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village Limited – application form 3b (PDF, 559K)
How to make a submission
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions closed at 5 pm on Thursday 18 August 2022.
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard in support of their submission, must request (within that submission) an opportunity to appear before the Director-General.
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, state this in writing when making your submission.
1. Prepare your submission
Prepare your submission using the submission form.
A physical copy of the form can be requested from your local DOC office.
2. Send us your submission
Send a written or electronic submission to:
Subject line: Submission on Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village Limited lease application.
Department of Conservation
Private Bag 4715
Christchurch Mail Centre
Attention: Harriet Kemp, Permissions Advisor
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions and comments on the submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General. If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
If a hearing is required, it is likely to occur on the week starting 22 August 2022.
No details at this point. Details, such as submissions and the decision outcome, will be added when they are available.
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Harriet Kemp, Permissions Advisor. Email: email@example.com