Submissions closed 16 May 2022.
This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987. The Minister of Conservation has received an application for a lease concession for a term of 30 years.
Applicant: Alpine Huts Limited
Location of proposed activity: Erewhon Park Ski Field/Mt Potts Conservation Area
Map reference: Approximate location – 43°29'27.0"S 170°54'41.0"E
Concession type: Lease
Summary of proposal: Lease for the construction of one permanent hut (19 m2 plus 2.2 m2 deck), two seasonal temporary winter huts/yurts, toilet facilities and storage shed for the purpose of providing recreational accommodation for ski tourers.
- Application by applicant (PDF, 577K)
- Application information form 1b (PDF, 260K)
- Additional information a (PDF, 2,306K)
- Additional information b (PDF, 145K)
- Additional information c (PDF, 228K)
How to make a submission
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions closed 5 pm 16 May 2022.
1. Prepare your submission
Record what you think in the submission form.
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard at a possible hearing in support of their submission must request an opportunity to appear before the Director-General. This request must be included in your submission.
2. Send us your submission
Send your submission by email or post. You'll get a confirmation email or letter when a submission has been received.
Department of Conservation
Private Bag 4715
Christchurch Mail Centre
Attention: Harriet Kemp, Permissions Advisor
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, state this in writing when making your submission.
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
If a hearing is required, it's likely to occur at the end of May 2022.
No details at this point. Details, such as submissions and the decision outcome, will be added when they are available.
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Harriet Kemp, Permissions Advisor.