This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987.
Applicant: Camp Elsdon Incorporated
Location of proposed activity: Raiha Street Conservation Area, 18 Rahia Street, Porirua
Concession type: Lease
Summary of proposal: Application by Camp Elsdon Incorporated for their existing lease for a campground/accommodation facility for schools, sporting, youth and family camps.
- Applicant form from Camp Elsdon Incorporated (PDF, 6,016K)
- Further information (PDF, 137K)
- AGM 2020 report for Camp Elsdon Incorporated (PDF, 131K)
- Charity rules for Camp Elsdon Incorporated (PDF, 180K)
- Performance report of Camp Elsdon Incorporated (PDF, 2,472K)
How to make a submission
Submissions closed 5 pm 27 January 2021.
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
1. Prepare your submission
Record what you think in the submission form.
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard at a possible hearing in support of their submission must request an opportunity to appear before the Director-General. This request must be included in your submission.
2. Send us your submission
Send your submission by email or post. You'll get a confirmation email or letter when a submission has been received.
Subject line: Submission – Camp Elsdon Incorporated
Department of Conservation
Private Bag 3072
Attention: Lynette Trewavas, Permissions Advisor
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, state this in writing when making your submission.
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
If a hearing is required, it's likely to occur between 15 to 19 February 2021.
No details at this point. Details, such as submissions and the decision outcome, will be added when they are available.
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Lynette Trewavas, Senior Permissions Advisor.