Submissions closed 9 November 2020.
Applicant: Rakiura Adventure Limited trading as Ulva Island Ferry and Water Taxi
Location of Proposed Activity:
- The Neck
- Bench Island
- Ulva Island
Summary of Proposal:
Rakiura Adventure Limited trading as Ulva Island Ferry and Water Taxi have applied for a permit to view all species of marine mammals, excluding Maui and Hector’s dolphins.
How to make a submission
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions close 9 November 2020.
1. Prepare your submission
Let us know what you think in the submission form. You can download and complete it or get it from your local DOC office.
Your submission must be done using the submission form.
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard at a possible hearing in support of their submission must request an opportunity to appear before the Director-General. This request must be included in your submission.
2. Send us your submission before 9 November 2020
Send us your submission by email or post.
If you use email, you'll get a confirmation to confirm we’ve got your email.
Department of Conservation
Christchurch Shared Services
Private Bag 4715
Christchurch Mail Centre
Attention: Leigh Rodd
Submissions closed on 9 November 2020.
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, you need to state this in writing when making your submission.
What happens next
After submissions close on 9 November 2020:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General. If a hearing is required, we’ll organise a time and place. If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you’ll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application by Rakiura Adventure Ltd.
No details at this point. Details, such as submissions and the decision outcome, will be added when they are available.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Leigh Rodd, Permissions Advisor.