Applicant: Jared Anderson, trading as Catlins Kayak and Adventure Limited
Location of Proposed Activity: Kaimataitai to Nugget Point. These are points along the Catlins coast, Otago
Summary of Proposal: Catlins Kayak and Adventure Limited has applied for a major amendment to an existing permit. This existing permit is a marine mammal permit to do commercial tours to view marine mammals.
Proposed Amendment: The applicant has applied to add a motorised vessel to the permit. An example of a motorised vessel is a boat with a motor.
How to make a submission
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal.
Submissions closed 17 July 2020.
1. Prepare your submission
Let us know what you think in the submission form. You can download and complete it or get it from your local DOC office.
Your submission must:
- be done using the submission form
- only be about the amendment to use a motorised vessel.
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard at a possible hearing in support of their submission must request an opportunity to appear before the Director-General. This request must be included in your submission.
2. Send us your submission before 17 July 2020
Send us your submission by email or post.
If you use email, you'll get a confirmation to confirm we’ve got your email.
Department of Conservation
Christchurch Shared Services
Private Bag 4715
Christchurch Mail Centre
Christchurch 8140Attention: Leigh Rodd
Submissions close on 17 July 2020.
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, you need to state this in writing when making your submission.
What happens next
After submissions close on 17 July 2020:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General. If a hearing is required, we’ll organise a time and place. If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you’ll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application by Jared Anderson, trading as Catlins Kayak and Adventure Limited.
No details at this point. Details, such as submissions and the decision outcome, will be added when they are available.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Leigh Rodd, Permissions Advisor.