DOC Community Fund – Pūtea Tautiaki Hapori
IntroductionThis fund supports community-led conservation projects on public and private land.
The DOC Community Fund is focused on projects that:
- protect and enhance threatened species and ecosystems, or
- protect or restore significant cultural heritage sites and/or maintain infrastructure in the backcountry.
For this round, there is $9.2 million available. It is split into two streams with $7.2 million available for threatened species and ecosystem projects and $2 million available for cultural heritage projects.
Important dates for the funding round
- Wednesday 9 November 2022: Funding round open for applications
- Tuesday 31 January 2023: Funding round closes
- April 2023: Applicants advised outcome of their application