Did you know?
Playing in nature helps us develop social skills.
Explore your nature
- Choose your stick! Is it long or short? Straight or bendy?
- Look around – be an investigator and find out where your stick came from?
- Imagine your stick could be anything else – what would you turn it into?
- Play stick Jenga.
- Decorate your stick with things you find outdoors.
- Create a dream catcher, spinning mobile or garden decoration out of sticks you find.
- Make a trail to follow with sticks – where will it lead to?
- Learn how to weave with sticks.
- Share your stick creations with whānau and friends.
- Can they be gifts for others?
- Take your whānau and friends along your stick trail.