If you’re not sure which research or wildlife authorisation you need, try our decision-making tool.

Tick the following as it applies to your activity, then click the Check button.

Check DOC maps for public conservation land/water

Check DOC maps

Check DOC maps

Includes most wild animals and invertebrates

Live aquatic life as defined in the Conservation Act

Includes dolphins, seals, whales and other mammals in the sea

Contact our Hamilton office if you need help.

Back to top