The Canterbury (Waitaha) CMS describes the conservation values present in Canterbury, and provides guidance for the Department's work in the form of a vision, objectives, outcomes for Places, policies and milestones; translating the Department's strategic outcomes to Canterbury.
This CMS remains operative unless formally reviewed in full or in part or amended.
Volume I includes:
- Part One: vision and objectives
- Part Two: outcomes, policies and milestones for Places
- Part Three: other specific policies that address legislative and general policy requirements
- Part Four: implementation monitoring and reporting, and review
- the glossary and appendices.
The vision and objectives in Part One, and the policies in Part Three, cover all public conservation lands and waters in Canterbury. The territorial jurisdiction aligns to the old Canterbury Conservancy boundary, now contained within the Eastern South Island Region.
Volume II contains maps and a public conservation land inventory.
Published by the Department of Conservation.
ISBN 978-0-478-15091-9 (print)
ISBN 978-0-478-15092-6 (online)
Volume II Maps:
ISBN 978-0-478-15074-2 (web)
ISBN 978-0-15075-9 (print)