New Zealand Conservation Authority - NZCAThe NZCA is a national statutory body that provides strategic policy advice to DOC and the Minister.
Be a conservation board memberHarness your passion for conservation and your collaborative skills to represent local communities, advise DOC and protect local nature. Nominations close 28 January 2019 at 5 pm.
Fish and game councilsFish and game councils manage sports fish and game resources on behalf of anglers and game bird hunters.
Kaikoura Marine GuardiansKaikoura Marine Guardians advises the Ministers of Conservation and Primary Industries on matters affecting Te Tai o Marokura.
Advisory committeesAdvisory committees work with DOC in managing places on public conservation land.
Taupō-nui-a-Tia Management BoardThe Board represents iwi and community interests to manage the Taupō Waters as if they were a reserve for recreation purposes.
Statutory bodies serviced by DOC:
- New Zealand Conservation Authority
- Conservation boards
- Nature Heritage Fund Committee
- Nga Whenua Rahui Komiti
- Guardians of lakes Manapouri, Monowai and Te Anau
- Guardians of Lake Wanaka
- Titi (Muttonbird) Islands Komiti
- Taupo Fishery Advisory Committee
- Some reserve boards established under the Reserves Act and Marine Reserves Act.
Statutory bodies not serviced by DOC:
These have their own staff. The Director-General of Conservation can attend and speak at meetings.
- QEII National Trust
- Game Animal Council
- NZ Fish & Game Council
- 12 regional fish and game councils.