The Auckland Conservation Management Strategy (CMS) describes the conservation values of Auckland. It provides guidance for DOC’s work in the form of a vision, objectives, outcomes for Places, policies, and milestones. These translate DOC's strategic outcomes to Auckland.
This CMS remains operative unless formally reviewed in full or in part or amended.
Volume I includes:
- Part one: a vision, and objectives
- Part two: outcomes, policies and milestones for places
- Part three: other specific policies that address legislative and general policy requirements
- Part four: implementation monitoring and reporting, and review
- the glossary and appendices.
The vision and objectives in Part one, and the policies in Part three, cover all public conservation lands and waters in Auckland.
Volume II contains maps and a public conservation land inventory.
Related statutory plan
The following statutory plan also applies within the Auckland Region and needs to be read alongside the CMS when considering activities on Te Hauturu-o-Toi/ Little Barrier Island: