Why have a safety plan?
Safe operations are a vital part of today’s business environment. Having good safety management systems for your business is not just a DOC or legal requirement. They are also good for your business and help you to set and support safe operations as your business grows. Safety management systems also offer you advantages that include:
- Being able to make the most of opportunities:
- high quality operations are becoming increasingly visible in the market place;
- agents and customers increasingly want to ensure that operators are responsible and safe;
- being well prepared for external endorsement assessments;
- capitalising on the emergence of discounted insurance and ACC premium rates.
- Minimising your risk and exposure to:
- adverse publicity from an incident;
- having your operation suspended or terminated by the Department of Labour or DOC;
- legal action regarding civil or criminal liability, and
- the costs associated with all of these.
- Contributing to the continual development of the New Zealand tourism and adventure experience - clean, green and safe.