Uretiti Beach campsite
Water from tap
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
We recommend you make a booking during the busy summer season. Opening dates for bookings may change from year to year.
Book online or contact the Uretiti Beach camp office, phone: +64 9 432 1051.
Before you book:
- Number of camp sites - approximately 300
Camp behind the sand dunes of Uretiti Beach.
- Backcountry hut pass does not apply
- Camp office hours are 7:30 am – 8:00pm
- Camp gates and barrier arms are locked from 9:00 pm – 7:30 am
- Camp host on site year round
- Contact Uretiti campsite on +64 9 432 1051
- Recycling facilities available
Campers staying in the camp are required to purchase a $2.00 rubbish bag to assist with the costs associated with the disposal of rubbish and recyclable items.
Uretiti Beach lies between Whangarei and Waipu on Northland's East Coast.
Drive on SH1 5 km north of Waipu or 34 km south of Whangarei, turn off at the signpost. Follow road to beach and camp.
Grid reference: NZTM2000, E1731842-N6022426
Latitude: -35.93379305, Longitude: 174.45998112
Park or reserve
Uretiti Recreation Reserve
Plan and prepare
Help stop kauri dieback
Kauri dieback disease is killing our native kauri. It spreads by soil movement, but you can help prevent it.
- Stay on the track and off kauri roots.
- Clean your gear before and after visiting kauri forests.
Visit the kauri dieback website for more information on how you can help.