Trounson Kauri Park campground
Water from tap
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
- No bookings – first come/first served
- Self-registration during off-peak period
- Back-country hut pass does not apply
- Campervan access – power connections
- Number of tent sites - 20 (including twelve powered sites)
Camp beside a small but beautiful kauri stand. There are many walking tracks nearby.
Trounson Kauri Park is signposted of SH 12, 17 km south of the Waipoua Forest or 40 km north of Dargaville.
Turn off SH 12 at Trounson Park Road, 40 km north of Dargaville.
Grid reference: NZTM2000, E1658996-N6046743
- Road access: gravel from North, seal from South
- Campervans welcome
- Communal kitchen with cookers/electric stoves
Plan and prepare
Help stop kauri dieback
Kauri dieback disease is killing our native kauri. It spreads by soil movement, but you can help prevent it.
- Stay on the track and off kauri roots.
- Clean your gear before and after visiting kauri forests.
Visit the kauri dieback website for more information on how you can help.