Stony Bay campsite
Total fire ban
There is a total fire ban in place in all DOC campsites in the Coromandel - no open fires, no camp fires, and no fireworks are permitted.
Water from tap
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
55 km north of Coromandel.
From Coromandel take the Colville Road for 22 km until the Whangaahei Junction, then turn right and follow the Port Charles Rd to Sandy Bay, and then the Stony Bay Rd until the end.
Grid reference: NZTM2000, E1816877-N5956498
Latitude: -36.51231214, Longitude: 175.42188241
- Unsealed road access from Colville
- Dogs are prohibited at the campsite
- Fires are restricted to concrete fireplace units provided
Diving and snorkelling
Kayaking and canoeing
Tracks and walks
Walk to Fletcher Bay along the Coromandel Walkway.
Fishing / Diving and snorkelling
Good fishing and diving nearby.
Plan and prepare
- The campsite has Telecom 3G mobile coverage