Stony Bay campsite
Stony Bay campsite is open
Updated 4 July 2014: Stony Bay campsite is open. The conditions are wet, further rain may cause the ford to flood.
Water from tap
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
55 km north of Coromandel.
From Coromandel take the Colville Road for 22 km until the Whangaahei Junction, then turn right and follow the Port Charles Rd to Sandy Bay, and then the Stony Bay Rd until the end.
Grid reference: NZTM2000, E1816877-N5956498
Latitude: -36.51231214, Longitude: 175.42188241
- Unsealed road access from Colville
- Dogs are prohibited at the campsite
- Fires are restricted to concrete fireplace units provided
Diving and snorkelling
Kayaking and canoeing
Tracks and walks
Walk to Fletcher Bay along the Coromandel Walkway.
Fishing / Diving and snorkelling
Good fishing and diving nearby.
Plan and prepare
- The campsite has Telecom 3G mobile coverage