Fantail Bay campsite
Water from tap
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
50 km north of Coromandel town, on the western side of the Coromandel Peninsula, and situated within the Cape Colville Farm Park.
From Coromandel take the Coville Road for 22 km until the Whangaahei Junction, then turn left and follow the Port Jackson Road for 28 km.
Grid reference: NZTM2000, E1808590-N5955612
- Unsealed road access from Colville
- Dogs are prohibited in the campsite
- Fires strictly prohibited
There are good fishing opportunites at Fantail Bay from the shore and on the water. Please take only what you need from the sea and obey all fisheries regulations.
Tracks and walks
From the campsite, the Fantail Bay tramping track climbs steeply up to the bush line providing outstanding views along the coast.