Hot Water Beach campsite
Bookings required from 1 March 2013
Water from tap
Hot Water Beach
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
From the 1 March 2013 visitors will need to book a campsite and pay the total fee prior to arrival. This change will reduce the pressure on space, facilities and environment at this popular campsite and provide visitors with a better atmosphere and experience.
Bookings will be made through the Whakarawerewa Village Charitable Trust, who have recently taken over the management of the campsite:
Web: Whakarawerewa Village website
Ph: +64 7 349 3463, ext. 101
In person: 17 Tryon Street, Whakarewarewa Village, Rotorua
- Number of tent sites - 30
Camp in scenic surroundings. Relax in the natural hot springs in the bay. Enjoy water sports or explore the tracks in other areas of the lake.
Te Rata Bay, Lake Tarawera.
Te Rata Bay, south shores of Lake Tarawera. Near the Waimangu Volcanic Valley.
Grid reference: NZTM2000, E1900487-N5761583
Latitude: -38.24410046, Longitude: 176.43375623
- Boat access only.
- There are a number of concessionaires that run either boat or helicopter transport around the Rotorua Lakes area, creating a variety of options for connecting trails or getting to/from campsites. View guides and tourism providers for Lake Tarawera.
- Extremely popular during the summer months. Limited lakeshore mooring posts.
- As well as the facilities listed below this campsite has a shelter for cooking.