Kiwi Guardians adventure map for Orokonui Ecosanctuary
Download the adventure map (PDF, 1,743K) and check out what you can do.
Go and explore
Look out for the Guardian Post when you get there. On it you'll find a special code word – write it down.
Getting there: Orokonui Ecosanctuary is at the top of Blueskin Road, 25 minutes by car from Dunedin City centre via either SH1or SH88.
Address: 600 Blueskin Road, Waitati, Dunedin.
Claim your reward
Tell us the Orokonui Ecosanctuary code word to receive a Kiwi Guardians certificate and medal for this adventure.
Put the medal on your back pack or pencil case to show everyone the adventure you've had.
Each Kiwi Guardians place has a different medal - see how many you can collect.
About Orokonui Ecosanctuary
- The ecosanctuary and visitor center is open daily 9.30am - 4.30pm.
- There is a charge to get into the ecosanctuary.
- Upon arrival tell the visitor center staff that you are taking part in Kiwi Guardians and you will receive a 10% discount.
- There is plenty of accessible car parking space.
- The visitor center has toilets, a café, a gift shop and interactive interpretation.
- There are a range of walking tracks with guided tours and self-guided walking available.
Find out entry fees and other information on the Orokonui Ecosanctuary website.
The ecosanctuary is overseen and managed by the Otago Natural History Trust.