- Sleeps 38 in 6 bunkrooms (4 rooms sleep 8 and 2 rooms sleep 3).
- Mattresses provided – bring your own linen (or sleeping bags) and pillows.
- Electric lighting and heating.
- Gas hot water.
- 2 separate communal lounge/dining areas.
- Large well equipped kitchen (limited range of pots, pans, crockery and utensils) – more kitchen equipment available for large groups on request.
- 2 domestic fridge freezers.
- 2 domestic ovens.
- Drying room.
- Rubbish collection is not provided – take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- Men's and women's bathrooms with 2 showers and 2 toilets in each - bring your own soap and towels.
- Parking for approximately 5 cars is available beside the lodge. Additional carparking is within 100 m.
Konini Lodge operates on a 'self clean' basis. Clean and tidy the lodge before you leave. Basic cleaning supplies are provided but you will need to bring your own tea towels, hand towels and handsoap.
Remember this lodge is on a mountain and it can get cold! While there is basic heating in the lodge -make sure to bring plentyof warm bedding and clothing.
Check out time
Check out time is 11am. Please return your key by 11am or you may be charged an extra night accommodation. Keys not returned will be charged for.
Situated at Dawson Falls, Egmont National Park, at the top of Manaia Road and is signposted from SH3 in Stratford.
- Adult: $25.00 per night
- Youth/child (5 - 17 years): $10.00 per night
- Under 5 years: free
- Whole lodge: $600 per night
- Discounted rates for school and other youth organistations - contact Egmont National Park Visitor Centre
Bookings can be made for the whole lodge, or by bunkroom or individual bunk bed. Booking the whole lodge will give you exclusive use.
Before you book read the booking terms and conditions.
Book Konini Lodge online or contact:
- Payment is required at time of booking.
- Cancellation and transfer of date fees apply - read the terms and conditions carefully as you may not get a refund if you cancel or want to transfer at the last minute.
- Transfer fees apply.
It's important you read your confirmation of booking e-mail - this will give you a code to access a cupboard so you can get your key. If you dont have this code - you will not get into the lodge.
Popular tracks in the area include family friendly walks to Wilkies Pools, Dawson Falls waterfall and Waingongoro Hut.
More adventurous tramps to Lake Dive Hut, Fanthams Peak and Syme Hut are possible.
Konini Lodge can also be a welcome accommodation break for trampers on the Around the Mountain Circuit.
In the area
The Dawson Falls waterfall is located within walking distance (10 minutes) of the Dawson Falls Visitor Centre.
Dawson Falls also boasts the historic Dawson Falls hydro power station, with one of the oldest operating generators in the world.
Know before you go
- Weather changes rapidly in the park and it is one of the wettest places in New Zealand. Always be well prepared.
- Check forecasts carefully as the road to Dawson Falls is sometimes subject to snowfall during winter months.
- No dogs or other pets are allowed in the National Park.