Mavora Lakes are accessible on gravel roads off SH94, a 1 hour 30 minute drive from Te Anau. There are two turn-off points from SH94 between Mossburn and Te Anau, at Centre Hill or Burwood Station, then follow gravel roads for 39 km.
Grid reference: NZTM2000, E1221497-N4975941
Latitude: -45.2680102, Longitude: 168.1749978.
- Adult (18+ years): $8 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $4 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Pay cash on arrival at the self-registration stand at the campsite.
Know before you go
- Campfires permitted. Be aware of fire bans and higher fire risk during summer months. Contact the local DOC office or council for details. Follow the on-site signs.
- Fires should be lit only in the barbecues and fire drums provided. Use dead wood only. Chainsaws are not permitted. The use of portable stoves is encouraged.
- Motorised craft are allowed on the North Mavora Lake only.
- Jet skis are not allowed.
- There are no rubbish bins so all rubbish must be carried out when you leave.
- Tents and caravans must be removed from the park if unoccupied for more than five days. Caravans may be stored in the area set aside during December/January.