Otamure Bay (Whananaki) campsite lies almost 30 km north of Whangarei, near Whananaki North on Northland's East Coast.
Go past Hikurangi on SH1. Turn off SH1 at Whananaki North Road, which becomes Rockell Road, and travel 27 km. The campsite is 4 km past Whananaki shop and school.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1732719, N6071514
Latitude: -35.49228157, Longitude: 174.46135262
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Campers are required to purchase a $2.00 rubbish bag to assist with the disposal of rubbish and recyclable items.
Backcountry hut pass does not apply.
We recommend you make a booking during the busy summer season. Book online or contact the Otamure Bay camp office, phone: +64 9 433 8402.
Before you book:
Changes or alterations to bookings could incur a $10 fee per change.
Know before you go
- Camp office hours are 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Camp gates and barrier arms are locked from 9:00 pm to 7:30 am.
- Contact the campground on +64 9 433 8402.
- Camp host on-site year round.
- Leave gates as you find them.
- Read the camp rules.
- Northland reserve bylaws apply to Otamure Recreation Reserve.