Flora Hut is set in a grassy clearing above Flora Stream.
The hut has has two identical rooms.
- Bunks - individual bunks with mattresses (six bunks per room)
- Water supply - cold water from a stream and pumped to outside tap
- Heating - open fire in each room
- Long drop toilet a short walk from the hut
- Space for camping outside the hut
Huts have basic facilities. You'll need to take:
- Sleeping bag
- Cooking stove, pots/pans and utensils
- Toilet paper
- Rubbish bag
- Newspaper/firelighters and matches/lighter for the wood burner/fire
Times from nearest road end and hut
- Flora car park: 30 min
Flora car park is 75 km from Nelson and 36 km from Motueka.
The Motueka Valley Highway links Nelson and Motueka. Turn off this road at Ngatimoti and cross the Motueka River. Turn left onto Motueka River West Bank Road, then right into Graham Valley Road, which climbs steeply to the car park. The last 5.8 km is unsealed and turning a vehicle on the road can be difficult. In summer the road can become rough; in winter a 4WD is recommended as there can be ice and snow.
- Mt Arthur Hut via Flora Hut and Mt Arthur Hut tracks: 1 hr 15 min
- Salisbury Lodge via Tableland Circuit: 4 hr
NZTopo50 map sheet: BQ24
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1577323, N5440895