- Water is from a stream – you may wish to boil, treat or filter before use.
- No rubbish facilities are provided – take all rubbish with you when you leave.
From Picton head east past Waikawa on Port Underwood Rd for 10 km to Whatamango Bay.
Sealed, narrow, winding road to camp entrance.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1690087, N5430793
Latitude: -41.27033398, Longitude: 174.07538874
- Adult (18+ years): $8 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $4 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Pay cash at the self-registration kiosk. The camp manager will check for payments daily.
New Zealand Motor Caravan Association (NZMCA) pass not valid from 23 December to 1 February.
Bookings are recommended but not essential.
Book Whatamango Bay Campsite online, or contact:
Read the booking terms and conditions before you book.
- Individual sites can't be booked and are available on a first come, first served on arrival – no special requests can be catered for at this campsite.
- Take your booking confirmation letter with you and display it clearly at your campsite at all times – the camp host requires proof of booking/payment from all visitors.
Fish, walk or go boating from here.
Know before you go
- All groups must include a responsible adult 18+.
- Quiet hours are from 9:30 pm – 6:30 am.
- Music players must be used with headphones or played at a level not audible to neighbouring campsites.
- No chainsaws, generators or compressors allowed.
- No fires at all times.