In this remote setting, you will be able to look and listen for kereru, tui and fantail, while brown kiwi can often be heard at night. The forest is a mix of rata, rewarewa, rimu, tawa and kowhai trees.
You can only access this campsite from the Whanganui River.
The campsite is situated 105 km downstream from Taumarunui.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1764329, N5649799
Latitude: -39.28410539, Longitude: 174.90521279
In the Great Walks season (1 October 2017 - 30 April 2018):
- Adult (18 years and over): $20 per night
- Child (under 17 years): free but booking still required
Outside the Great Walks season (1 May 2017 - 30 September 2017):
- Adult (18 years and over): free
- Child (under 17 years): free
Know before you go
- Maximum 2 consecutive nights stay for Whanganui Journey river trip campers
- No fires are permitted at this campground