Camp in a remote setting. The forest is a mix of rata, rewarewa, rimu, tawa, and kowhai trees.
Whanganui River Road, on SH 43, 21 km from Taumarunui.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1786004, N5687522
Latitude: -38.94152742, Longitude: 175.14618482
As part of Whanganui Journey
In the Great Walks season (1 October 2017 - 30 April 2018):
- Adult (18 years and over): $20 per night
- Child (under 17 years): free but booking still required
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
The campsite pass for rental campervans cannot be used at this campsite.
Backcountry Hut Passes cannot be used at this campsite.
Booking required if staying between 1 October - 30 April as part of the Whanganui Journey. Use the online booking system.
Know before you go
- Maximum 2 consecutive nights stay for Whanganui Journey river trip campers
- Fires not permitted at any time