Robson's Lodge kitchen
Robson's Lodge is one of the few buildings that remains in a once thriving farming area.
Find out more about the history of Robson's Lodge.
- Sleeps 14 in 2 bunkrooms and 1 bedroom
- Simple kitchen with wood range
- Wood heating with wetback (heats water for kitchen and showers)
- Bathroom with 2 showers
- Flush toilet
- Laundry tub
- Facility available to plug in your own generator for lighting
You need to bring
- Cooking equipment: pots, pans, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Sleeping bags/bedding and pillows
- Firewood for wood range in kitchen and free standing fire in lounge/dining area
- If you don't have a generator: supply your own lighting
No candles are permitted.
All water for Robson’s Lodge is tank water. Please be conscious of water conservation during your stay. We recommend that you boil, filter or treat your drinking water.
Robson’s Lodge is located approx 75 km from either Napier or Taihape in the southern Kaweka Forest Park at Kuripapango.
From Napier follow the Napier-Taihape Road to Kuripapango and turn left just before the bridge over the Ngaruroro River into the DOC office. Robson’s Lodge is situated approximately 500 m past the field base.
$80.00 per night (sole occupancy).
Know before you go
- Check in after 11 am
- Check before 10 am
- Leave the lodge clean and tidy, take your rubbish away with you and report any faults or damage to the DOC Office.
- Penalty fees may apply if the lodge is left unclean and/or any rubbish is left behind.
The key needs to be collected from the Hawke’s Bay Office, Department of Conservation, 59 Marine Parade, Napier. The key allows access to the gate and the lodge.
- Please ensure the gate is kept locked at all times
- Please return the key within three days of the end of your stay
- Failure to return the key will result in charges for both administration costs and replacement locks and keys
Pan Pac Forests
Visitors to Robson’s Lodge are advised that due to logging operations all vehicle and foot access into the nearby Pan Pac Forests is closed. This includes hunting and walking on nearby Charlie Brown and Lumsden Roads.
NO animals/pets are permitted.