Map of Akapoua Bay campsite
Camp in a sheltered bay amongst beautiful pohutukawa trees.
Facilities and services
- Campsite serviced 1 December to end of February.
- A wharf, shop, fuel depot and post office are nearby.
At Port FitzRoy, Great Barrier Island.
From Auckland, passenger and car ferry to Tryphena or Port FitzRoy, private boat to Port FitzRoy, or air travel to Claris or Okiwi. Rental cars available for hire from Tryphena and Claris by arrangement.
Access: Narrow gravel roads.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1812499, N5994425
Latitude: -36.1718991. Longitude: 175.36331288
- Adult (18+ years): $13 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $6.50 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
- Popular place for families and boaties.
- Shingle beach.
- Gateway to track network.
- Many walking tracks near the campsite
- Good fishing in the harbour.
Know before you go
You will be asked to leave if behaving in a disorderly or offensive way (e.g. excessive alcohol, using foul language, noisy or riotous). Drinking in public and the public display of alcohol are not permitted.