Fort Takapuna Historic Reserve is on Vauxhall Road, next to Narrow Neck Beach on Auckland's North Shore.
Ferries run regularly between downtown Auckland and Devonport. You can also access Devonport by road.
Fort Takapuna is a 40 minute walk from Devonport. From Devonport follow King Edward Parade along the waterfront, turn left into Church Street and right into Vauxhall Road. Alternatively, catch the bus to Takapuna via Narrow Neck.
Know before you go
- No dogs are allowed on the reserve between 9am and 7pm from the Saturday of Labour Weekend to Easter Monday. Find out more about dog access on conservation land.
- There are steep drop-offs along the coastal cliff top and around some of the historic structures.
- Take care when exploring the reserve and supervise children at all times.
- There are no toilets on the reserve. Facilities are available in Narrow Neck Reserve.
- No fires.
- No camping.
- Do not remove or disturb any artefacts or other historic remains.
Non-compliance with these conditions may result in prosecution.