Host positions are available for a minimum of two weeks in a number of our Northern Coromandel campgrounds.
New Zealanders and our visitors are enriched by outdoor experiences. Camp hosts play a key role in connecting people to our natural places and providing positive outdoor experiences.
Tasks can include:
- Helping visitors enjoy their stay
- Registering campers
- Answering enquiries
- Providing general information to campers
- Passing on maintenance requirements to DOC staff
- Cleaning ablution facilities
Camp hosts are supported by campsite managers and provide valuable assistance over our busy summer months.
What to expect
The following attributes are desired:
- ability to relate to a range of people in a friendly manner
- mature, sensible and a positive attitude
- basic computer skills
- fluent in English and have a practical outlook.
A free powered campsite is provided for camp hosts onsite however camp hosts will need to be self-sufficient (i.e. caravan, motorhome or equipped tent). Toilets and shower blocks are available at all campgrounds and a generator can be provided if required. Freezer space is available for volunteers.
Full training and support
DOC will provide:
- full induction
- equipment necessary for role including communication device
- DOC identification.
How to apply
Fill in an online application form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the positions require some cash handling suitable applicants will need to undergo a reference and police check. Ensure you have at least three referees available.
For further information about these volunteer activities contact:
Whitianga Field Base
Phone: +64 7 869 5633