Every year from October to April.
Volunteers are required as camp hosts at Waihi Gorge Campsite for one week or more.
The prime role of a camp host is to help visitors enjoy their stay in the right way. This is achieved by:
- checking that campers have paid camp fees and taking payment via a mobile EFTPOS machine when necessary
- providing information to campers
- monitoring cleanliness of the camp – daily cleaning of 6 toilets and replenishing toilet paper when needed.
- reporting maintenance requirements to DOC staff
What to expect
Accommodation: Applicants must have their own campervan, caravan or motorhome. Waihi Gorge Campsite is an unpowered site.
- relate to a range of people in a friendly manner
- fluent in English, and have a practical outlook
- some experience relevant to this opportunity preferred but not essential.
Age: Applicants must be aged 20 years or over.
Dogs are not allowed at Waihi Gorge Campsite.
Nearest facilities are in Gerladine (14 km).
What will be provided
- campsite for your campervan, caravan or motorhome
- DOC camp host identification, high viz vest, uniform, etc.
- EFTPOS machine for taking payment.
How to apply
Complete the online application form.
We'll review applications and assign weeks as they come in and space is available.
Chris Dyson, Supervisor Recreation/Historic
Phone: +64 3 693 1074