- December 2018 – March 2019
Camp hosts help to look after campers and the camp site.
On behalf of the DOC rangers they perform these duties:
- register and collect fees from campers
- provide information on recreational opportunities, biosecurity, safety and camp rules
- help to maintain and clean facilities
- help ensure rules are followed and liaise with DOC staff
About Motutapu Island
At 178 million years old pest-free Motutapu is one of the oldest land masses in the Hauraki Gulf. The island has lived an exciting life – it was intensively settled by Maori, it hosted massive Victorian picnic parties, and was a base during WWll.
What to expect
The position is suitable for single people, couples or families.
An induction will be provided.
Accommodation: Accommodation will be supplied in the Singlemens Quarters two-bedroom house.
Essential skills and characteristics: Volunteers must be able to relate to a range of people in a friendly manner. Be mature, sensible and have a good, positive attitude.
A current First Aid certificate is preferred.
How to apply
To apply complete the online application form.
For further information about the application process contact:
Robynne Vis, Community Ranger