- December 2018 – March 2019
Camp hosts help to look after campers and the camp site.
On behalf of the DOC rangers they perform these duties:
- register and collect fees from campers
- provide information on recreational opportunities, biosecurity, safety and camp rules
- help to maintain and clean facilities
- help ensure rules are followed and liaise with DOC staff.
About Motuora Island
Motuora is an 80 ha island in the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. Enjoy the beautiful beaches, secluded picnic spots and clear waters. There are several walking tracks, with chances to see a variety of native wildlife including kiwi.
What to expect
The position is suitable for single people, couples or families.
An induction will be provided.
Accommodation: Accommodation will be supplied in the ranger's house.
Essential skills and characteristics: Volunteers must be able to relate to a range of people in a friendly manner. Be mature, sensible and have a good, positive attitude.
A current First Aid certificate is preferred.
How to apply
To apply complete the online application form.
For further information about the application process contact:
Robynne Vis, Community Ranger