Download the resource
Tools for environmental action (PDF, 4,845K)
Inquiry cycle for working through the 'In the environment' resources (PDF, 421K)
Using this resource students can:
- plan and carry out successful action to address an environmental issue alongside their community
- monitor and review their environmental action
- begin to understand how their action has an impact on the wider ecosystem.
These activity sheets can be edited:
Level 1-3 Technology
Technological practice: Planning for practice
- L1: Outline a general plan to support the development of an outcome identifying appropriate steps and resources.
- L3: Undertake planning to identify the key stages and resources required to develop an outcome. Revisit planning to include reviews of progress and identify implications for subsequent decision making.
Technological practice: Brief development
- L1: Describe the outcome they are developing and identify the attributes it should have, taking account of the need or opportunity and the resources available.
- L3: Describe the nature of an intended outcome, explaining how it addresses the need or opportunity. Describe key attributes that enable development and evaluation of an outcome.
Nature of technology: Characteristics of technology
- L2: Understand that technology both reflects and changes society and the environment and increases people’s capability.
Level 1-4 Science
Nature of Science: Participating and contributing
- L1 & 2: Explore and act on issues and questions that link their science learning to their daily living.
- L3 & 4: Explore various aspects of an issue and make decisions about possible actions
- Gather and interpret data
- Use evidence
- Critique evidence
- Interpret representations
- Engage with science
Level 1-4 Health
Healthy communities and environments: Community resources
- L1 & 2: Identify and use local community resources and explain how these contribute to a healthy community.
- L3 & 4: Participate in community events and describe how such events enhance wellbeing of the community.
Healthy communities and environments: Rights, responsibilities and laws; People and the environment
- L1: Take individual and collective action to contribute to environments that can be enjoyed by all.
- L3: Plan and implement a programme to enhance an identified social or physical aspect of their environment.
Curriculum learning areas
- Health and PE
We would love to get your feedback about this resource. To be involved in a short survey, fill in the online form and we will be in touch.
Your feedback helps us to improve our resources, and ensure that they are useful to you and your students.
Viewing files on this page
If you can't view these files contact us to request another format. About our files.