Facilities and services
- Toilets are not provided - campers must provide or have access to a chemical toilet.
- Dump stations are provided over the Christmas/New Year period.
- Rubbish bags are provided over the Christmas/New Year period. These are collected between 10 am and 10:30 am every second day.
Turn off SH35 onto Anaura Road, about 67 km north of Gisborne. Travel a further 8.7 km down Anaura Road.
Anaura Bay is north of Tolaga Bay and south of Tokomaru Bay.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E2064734, N5754983
Latitude: -38.2330462, Longitude: 178.30831797
- Adult (18+ years): $8 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $4 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Fees can be paid at the Gisborne DOC office or email/phone the office for bank deposit details. Eftpos is only available during peak holiday periods when a camp warden is present.
Walking & tramping
Anaura Bay Walkway is located at the northern end of Anaura Bay. It is suitable for most ages and fitness levels and takes approx. 2 hours. Walk through coastal forest, grassed hillside and production pine forest.
Other walks in the area include:
Know before you go
All fires require a permit - check with the local DOC Office for further information.
- Pit toilets are not permitted.
- Campers must provide a chemical toilet.
- Chemical dump stations are provided in the campground over the Christmas/New Year period.
- Use the first water tank tap to wash portable toilets.
Due to a limited water supply, campers are asked to conserve water at all times. We adivse that you boil water thoroughly for your own safety, or bring your own drinking water.
Rubbish facilities are provided over the Christmas/New Year period only. There will be a rubbish collection carried out. All refuge must be in rubbish bags which will be provided. Recycle items must be separated and placed in the recycling bins provided. All litter and rubbish must be removed prior to your departure.
Dogs are permitted but must be kept under strict control at all times and on leads. Pick up after your dog. Failure to look after your dog will result in the camp banning dogs and you could be asked to leave.
Driveway and vehicle access
- Don't block the driveway or vehicle access ways.
- Don't block other campers in – vehicles need to be able to exit easily from their camp area.
Children are not permitted to ride quad bikes in the camp under any circumstances. Outside the camp is your responsibility but inside the camp is ours.
All by-products of your successful fishing must be returned to the sea, eg fish guts, scales, bones. No fish waste is permitted in the rubbish bins or toilet tanks.